With some of Britain’s greatest produce coming into season this Christmas, there’s never been a better reason to try organic. And you can do just that with the UK’s First Organic Christmas Marketplace Online Hub, launched this month by the Soil Association.
The hub is the ultimate online one-stop location for fresh and festive ways to find, try, and buy organic food this Christmas.
Small changes can make a big difference – and the Soil Association, the UK’s leading membership charity campaigning for healthy, humane and sustainable food, farming and land use – is helping people to do just that. The hub will show how to introduce organic into everyday life throughout the festivities, from the traditional turkey to show-stopping party produce like seaweed gin cocktails and champagne truffles.
Organic food is food as it should be and food you can trust. When you see the organic symbol you can be sure what you buy has been produced to the highest standards. It means fewer pesticides, no artificial additives or preservatives, the highest standards of animal welfare and no GM ingredients. Organic food must be certified by law, so you can be assured that the product and ingredients come from verified sources.
Highlights of the hub include:
- A Meet the Makers section which showcases and celebrates Soil Association’s festive farmers and producers, including a day in the life of an organic mistletoe farmer
- Recipes, tips and inspiration to help you go organic this festive season
- A list of organic retailers across the UK, big and small, along with some of the UK’s finest producers
- Information on why you should shop organic
- The chance to win an organic holiday courtesy of Carswell Farm Cottages.